Sunday, September 28, 2008

John McCain's Judgment on VP Pick

Thinking about Senator McCain's vice presidential pick reminds me of a scene from the movie Philadelphia.

Near the end of the movie, after the case has gone to the jury, someone asks the jury foreman, a former marine, to tell them what he thinks. This is his reply:

Say I've got to send a pilot into enemy territory, and he's gonna be flying a
plane that cost 350 million dollars... Who am I going to put into that plane? A
rookie who can't cut the grade, because I want to see if he'll rise to the
challenge? Or am I going to give that assignment to my best pilot, my most
experienced, my sharpest, my top gun... The very best I've got? Could
somebody please explain that to me... like I'm a six year old?

I feel the same way. Seriously, all joking aside. What is McCain thinking? His motto is Country First, but his actions say something entirely different.

The GOP says it's rain, but it looks a little yellow to me.

No comments: